Thursday, May 19, 2011

Graduation......

I'm a little envious... I'm a little sad...
Everyone is talking about graduation...of some sort...
College, high school even kindergarten...
Me.. I sit here... As a mother and Wife...no career...and only a high school diploma..
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change it for the world..
However I will say I wish I would have chose some different paths to get here...
My high school graduation is a blur.. really.. I cant even tell you the song they played.. the choice of flower.. nothing... I have no pictures with friends..no pictures of the graduation party..nothing..
I left as soon as possible..
Because you see.. I lost my best friend to a car wreck 10 days before this..
10 days before this I started my first day at a new job in which I loved... 10 days before this I was careless..
Having fun..a normal teenager looking forward to graduation..
And then my world came crashing down..and from there..I fell... I crashed to..
I tried school.. I tried relationships..I tried everything..didn't work..
So here I sit..watching all my friends graduating with college degrees...
That could have been me..
Yes I'm a little jealous..
But I'm a mother and a wife..and a good one at that..
One day..yes one day i will return to school & do something I love.. Vet technician.. that's my goal..
Certified..everything..maybe some business in there for a backup...
I wonder sometimes what if...but what if never got anyone anywhere...

4 comments:

Zara said...

I have the same what if thoughts all the time. While I just graduated with my degree I have no clue what to do with it, and personally I'm a little jealous of you and your perfect family! :-) I think we all choose are paths and there are always bumps along the road that make us think back to the what ifs. I say as long as you are happy with where you are and willing to work for your future you got it all.

On the bright side while you have a wonderful husband and beautiful babies, we have diplomas and no jobs a d mountain of student loans that wont get paid, because of the lack of jobs.

:-) Can ya tell I'm a little bitter about my graduation and lack of job?! :-)

JessicaShaw said...

I have student loans..for a college i didnt graduate from..and no job to pay it back..luckily my hubby makes just enough our bills are covered...when we move in august im hoping to get started on school or work! Im ready!! I love my kiddos and my hubby to death.. and wouldnt change it for the world..I want a job a love..but not something demanding.. im to much of a involved mother!

Mallory said...

I'm sorry you don't have good memories of that time. That's not fair. Was your friend Shawn? That's the only person I can think of..or Dave...So sorry! You can definitely go back to school sometime and further your education. Be glad you are home with your babies now. I won't get to do that!!

JessicaShaw said...

Mallory it was Richard gatewood. From kosh.